I found this site to be most pretty bias, but I found a few interesting articles.
One interesting thing to me was the fact that schools in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and around the area are teaching about creationism and religion in science class. It's not that I don't like religion, I respect all people's religions and think of them like anyone else; it just saddens me to know that this is the education some children are getting. All children deserve an equal and accurate education so that they can have a good job and an easier life in the future. If children aren't learning proper science (something that will be essential in the future) then their education won't be as good as it should, making it harder for them to learn later on in high school and college. It's fine for the children to learn creationism, just in church or in a seperate class. Not in science.
Teach Real Science In Public Schools
The second article I found insteresting was this post about an app called Sugar Sugar, which allows men and women to "meet up" and "satisfy each others' needs." Total prostitution, but sadly this App is real and will be available starting June 1st. I am very passionate about issues like prostitution because it's such a dangerous job and spreads disease and many other bad things. Having an app that helps you track people to "meet up" with will just cause prostitution to be even more popular, a disgusting and horrible thought.
Human Trafficking Petition
No comments:
Post a Comment